Friday, June 19, 2009

READER REQUIRES ASSISTANCE; CHILD ABUSE ALLEGED; SHE IS VITAMIN D DEFICIENT AND HAS THINNED BONES; COURTS WON'T APPROVE TESTS ON HER 6-WEEK OLD SON;

Dear readers;

I received the request for assistance by email;

"Hi--I found your blog while searching the Internet. Thank you for what you're doing in advocating for the falsely accused and convicted.

I am a mother of two. My husband and I are currently fighting false accusations of child abuse after our then six-week old son was found to have 26 fractures last year. We eventually discovered that I am vitamin D deficient and osteopenic (thinned bones). After seven weeks of taking 3X the amount of Vitamin D found in prenatal vitamins, I was little improved and still in deficient range. Unfortunately, we have been unable to get authorization from the courts to have our son tested.

The reason for my writing is I am looking for parents who, like my husband and me, have been falsely accused of child abuse due to an undiagnosed case of D deficiency/Ricketts. Have you heard from any such parents? If you know of any families in these circumstances, would you be willing to pass along my email address to them? I am hoping that through finding enough parents willing to band together and tell their stories, we may be able to shed some light on this issue."


I invite any of our readers who may be able to assist the writer and her family to send me an email at hlevy15@gmail.com - which I will then forward on to her;

Best wishes,

Harold Levy...hlevy15@gmail.com;