Saturday, March 21, 2015

Breaking News: Aisling Brady McCarthy; Massachusetts; Prosecution seeks to qualify as an expert opthalmologist Dr. Alex D. Levin who has testified for the state on numerous shaken baby syndrome cases for her upcoming trial. Publisher's note: Due to a 'writing' assignment, I will not be filing fresh posts for several weeks. (With the exception of breaking news;) When I am back in action I will make up for lost time with a vengeance. In the meantime, please keep me up to date with developments and don't hesitate to bring new matters of interest to this Blog to my attention at hlevy15@gmail.com.





BREAKING NEWS:  "An opthalmologist under consideration as an expert witness for the upcoming Massachusetts murder trial of Aisling Brady McCarthy has said haemorrhages to the eyes of an infant who died while in Ms McCarthy’s care were consistent with Shaken Baby Syndrome.  “The only diagnosis that I can come up with: child abuse in this case,” said Dr Alex D Levin, a paediatric opthalmologist with a speciality in child abuse paediatrics who testified in a voir dire hearing in Middlesex County superior court.........Under cross-examination, defence attorney David Meier asked Dr Levin about a notation in his report which asked “Could this be Job’s Syndrome?” “That is my thought process. I was talking to myself, asking myself a question that I’d like to have answered,” replied Dr Levin. Such a determination would have to be made in collaboration with review by an immunologist, he said. As of midday the hearing was ongoing. Ms McCarthy’s defence attorneys were expected to continue to press Dr Levin so as to raise additional doubts about his conclusions. Middlesex County superior court judge Maureen Hogan has set April 22nd, 2015, for the trial."
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/aisling-brady-mccarthy-hearing-baby-s-injuries-indicated-child-abuse-1.2144406

PUBLISHER'S NOTE:
 
Dear Readers. Due to a 'writing' assignment,  I will not be filing fresh posts for several weeks. (With the exception of breaking news;)  When I am back in action I will make up for lost time with a vengeance. In the meantime, please keep me up to date with developments and don't hesitate to bring new matters of interest to this Blog to my attention at hlevy15@gmail.com.
 
Best wishes,
 
Harold Levy; Publisher; The Charles Smith Blog.
 
PS: For latest coverage of the Mark Lundy retrial  go to: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/mark-lundy-murder-retrial